ChooseATL Brings Philanthropitch to Atlanta The inaugural fast-pitch competition will spotlight the city’s most promising nonprofits on Thursday, June 9
ATLANTA, June 6, 2016 – In coordination with the Georgia Center for Nonprofits (GCN) and the Center for Civic Innovation (CCI), ChooseATL is bringing Philanthropitch, the social impact fast-pitch competition that has given nonprofits over $500,000 in funding since 2013, to Atlanta for the first time on Thursday, June 9. Philanthropitch will provide seven of Atlanta’s most promising nonprofits a platform to share and pitch their vision for impacting our community. The finalists will be competing for cash grants of up to $50,000.
- Philanthropitch – A social impact fast-pitch competition that provides nonprofits with access to human and financial capital. Founded in 2013 in Austin, Texas, Philanthropitch has awarded over $500,000 in funding, coaching and exposure to 38 mission-driven organizations.
- ChooseATL – A regional initiative focused on telling a comprehensive story about Atlanta to attract and retain top talent and intentionally grow the region’s prosperity in the global economy. The campaign highlights the abundant opportunity for career growth across the 29-county region, as well as the unique culture and highly-ranked livability.
- Community Farmers Markets – A unique approach to farmers market management: Developing for long term sustainability & community impact
- Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential - Works with young people to give them the knowledge, skills and motivation they need to make good, healthy choices o Moving in the Spirit - A nationally-recognized youth development program that uses the art of dance to positively transform the lives of children and teens in Atlanta o Next Generation Men - An organization built by real teachers dedicated to inspiring young men of color to success through professional exposure, leadership development, community service, and ongoing support
- re:Imagine/ATL - Equips youth from all backgrounds to share their stories through multimedia production
- STE(A)M Truck - Focuses on delivering an innovative, gap-closing approach to education through its mobile makerspace targeting elementary and middle school students
- The Scholarship Academy - A comprehensive scholarship preparatory program that teaches low-income, first generation college students to navigate the maze of financial aid in order to fund their college education
Esteemed judges including:
- Linnea Geiss – VP of global strategy and corporate development of NCR Corporation
- Dan Graham – CEO of BuildASign.com and founder of Notley
- Matt Granados – EO Atlanta board member and founder of Local Vendors Coalition and LifePlanner
- Hala Moddelmog – president and CEO of the Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Connie Certusi – managing director USA of Sage
WHAT: A social impact fast-pitch competition that provides nonprofits and social enterprises with access to human and financial capital. The seven Atlanta finalists will present a three-minute pitch to a panel of judges, comprised of successful entrepreneurs, business leaders and philanthropists who will provide instant feedback and award personal funding to the finalist(s) of their choice. The audience will also have the opportunity to vote on the coveted Audience Choice Award. WHEN: Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. EST
WHERE: Junior Achievement Discovery Center Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) 280 Northside Drive NW Atlanta, Ga. 30314
- Photos/videos of finalists on stage during pitches
- Photos of winning organization receiving check
- Interviews with Philanthropitch leadership, Philanthropitch winners, judges and ChooseATL leadership